The privacy of our users is important to us and we take care to safeguard it. We have updated this policy in line with the principles of the General Data Protection Regulations that come into effect on 25th May 2018.
Who are we?
The BFM Fabric Show London is run by an employers’ organisation and trade association for British furniture manufacturers (BFM Ltd). BFM is a membership organisation and besides furniture manufacturers, members from the industry supply chain may also join.
What information do we collect about you?
We collect information you provide to us:
- when you complete registration forms
- attend one of the BFM Fabric Shows
- when you opt in to subscribe to our mailing list
Information in all 3 cases might include your name, company, address, job role, your email address and company web site address.
We may also collect information about you from third parties such as:
- exhibitors, or
- trusted individuals BFM has engaged for the delivery and organisation of the show
How we use information about you?
- to advise you by e-mail about future events
- to contact you with information about an event that you’re attending
- to invite you to opt-in to receiving emails about future shows
- to gather feedback from you on the show you attended
- to advise Chelsea Football Club administration of who is attending the event for security and reception purposes
Who might we share your information with?
- trusted third party sub-contractors who are appointed by BFM to help deliver the shows or who assist in setting up the operation of the web site and the Eventbright on-line registration and ticketing platform
- exhibitors in the form of an attendance list (emails addresses are not provided)
- any other third parties where necessary to enable us to enforce our legal rights, or to protect the rights, property or safety of our employees or where such disclosure may be permitted or required by law
What technology platforms do we use?
E-mail platform: BFM’s uses a respected email platform (Mailchimp) for email communications about the London Fabric Show and this allows the BFM administrator to view who accessed the email and who unsubscribed. The emails link to a registration site – (see Eventbright below). Administrator access to site is password protected. Personal data is safeguarded in a variety of ways. For more information, see: https://mailchimp.com/legal/privacy/.
Event platform: Visitors to the London Fabric Show register through a technology platform – Eventbright – and this allows the BFM administrators to view a spreadsheet of the details entered on the registration form. Administrator access to the site is password protected. For the Eventbright personal data safeguards see – https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/support/articles/en_US/Troubleshooting/eventbrite-privacy-policy?lg=en_GB
Forms platform: BFM also uses google forms to obtain an opt-in to receiving emails about the BFM Fabric Shows. Individuals complete these forms only if they so wish and in such an event their details are recorded in a google spreadsheet accessible by the BFM administrators. Administrator access to the site is password protected. For google safeguards for personal data see: https://policies.google.com/privacy
As the three platforms operate globally and are based in the USA, personal data can be transferred outside of the EEA. The three platforms comply with the EU-US and Swiss-US Privacy Shield Frameworks as set forth by the US Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use and retention of personal information from European Union member countries and Switzerland, respectively. For details – see (https://www.privacyshield.gov/Program-Overview)
If you do not wish for cookies to be installed on your device, you can change the settings on your browser or device to reject cookies. For more information about how to reject cookies using your internet browser settings please consult the “Help” section of your internet browser (or alternatively visit http://www.aboutcookies.org). Please note that, if you do set your Internet browser to reject cookies, you may not be able to access all of the functions of our websites.
What about other third party content and web sites?
How we look after your information and how long we keep it for?
We use appropriate technological and operational security measures to protect your information against any unauthorised access to or unlawful use. We will retain your information for as long as is necessary to provide you with the services that you have requested from us or for as long as the law otherwise permits. If you have subscribed to our mailing list you are able to unsubscribe if you so wish.
Your rights to the information we hold about you?
You have the right to see the personal data that we keep about you, by making a request in writing to us and payment of a small fee may be charged. You can also contact us using the details below if you are concerned.
- to be informed
- of access
- for any inaccuracies to be corrected
- to have information deleted
- to restrict the processing of the data
- to portability
- to object to the inclusion of any information
- to regulate any automated decision-making and profiling of personal data
Equally, all are advised to make the controller (BFM) immediately aware if there they believe there has been a personal data breach and the BFM will, if founded, report the breach to the Information Commissioner’s Office without undue delay and within 72 hours of discovering the breach. Please note a reportable breach is one which is likely to result in a risk to people’s rights and freedoms. If this is not a likely consequence, the breach does not need to be reported.
This policy was last modified on 202/09/2019
BFM is not obliged to register with the Information Commissioner’s Office because of the nature of our organisation and its activities. If you have concerns over our information rights practices, you may contact the ICO – https://ico.org.uk/concerns/
Contacting BFM – the data controller
BFM Ltd, Bloxham Mill Business Centre, Barford Road, Bloxham, Banbury, Oxfordshire, OX15 4FF – 01295 724202
Controller contact: firstname.lastname@example.org